As part of the implementation of ‘road map’ on introducing key provisions of the Russian Corporate Governance Code into the Federal Grid’s corporate governance system, a position of Corporate Secretary was established in the Company in the reporting year.
The Corporate Secretary’s key responsibilities are to ensure effective shareholder engagement, to coordinate the Company’s efforts aimed at protecting shareholder rights and legitimate interests, to implement the corporate disclosure policy, and to support the effective work of the Board of Directors.
The Corporate Secretary is functionally subordinate and reports to the Board of Directors that ensures his/her sufficient independence from the Company’s management.
The Corporate Secretary’s activities are subject to the provisions of the Regulations on Corporate Secretary of Federal Grid Company approved by the Board of Directors on 21 July 2015 (Minutes No. 279 dated 27 July 2015).
CORPORATE SECRETARY OF FEDERAL GRID COMPANY
Appointed by the Board of Directors on 21 July 2015 (Minutes No. 279 dated 24 July 2015)
Born in 1984 in the city of Frunze of the Kirgiz SSR.
Graduated from Orel State University with a degree in Jurisprudence.
since 2009 – Senior Specialist of the Office for exercising ownership rights of the property department of PJSC IDGC of Centre. Holds no shares in Federal Grid and its subsidiaries and associates, has no family ties with members of the governing and/or control bodies of Federal Grid Company.
Key responsibilities:Key responsibilities:
- Participates in the procedures related to the General Meeting of Shareholders, including in respect of monitoring over their implementation
- Organises the Company’s engagement with shareholders, prepares replies to their requests and inquires
- Provides support to the effective operation of the Board and its Committees, coordinates activities to ensure the exchange of information between the Board and its Committees
- Participates, within her remit, in the procedures for safekeeping of the Company’s corporate documents, and in the implementation of the disclosure policy
- Participates in the process of improving the Company’s corporate governance system and practices
- Ensures, within her remit, the Company’s interactions with regulatory authorities, trade organisers, the registrar, and other professional security market players
HOW DOES THE COMPANY PERFORM AN ASSESMENT OF THE FEDERAL GRID’S CORPORATE GOVERNANCE QUALITY AND ITS COMPLIANCE WITH THE PRINCIPLES SET OUT IN THE RUSSIAN CORPORATE GOVERNANCE CODE?
“There are two types of the corporate governance quality assessment: internal and external
In the reporting year, we conducted an internal assessment using a Methodology of Rosimuschestvo for Corporate Governance Self-Assessment in State- Owned Companies. The above Methodology includes, among other things, the assessment of compliance with the principles and recommendations of the Russian Corporate Governance Code. According to the results of the self-assessment, we have achieved very good results – our level of compliance was 82% that today enables us to declare a high quality of the Federal Grid’s corporate governance.
As regards external assessment, there we are talking about an audit of the Company’s corporate governance and assignment of National Corporate Governance Rating. Such rating has been assigned to Federal Grid since 2012 by an independent consultant – the Russian Institute of Directors. In 2015, the Company’ rating was confirmed at a level of 7+, which indicates of our well-developed corporate governance practices.”